* An Online Course with Christopher Tompkins and Embodying Chakra Mantra Vinyasa – Inner Arts Meditation with Shiva Rea
In all source Tantras, Chakras played a specific and pivotal role in the daily performance of the innovative Yoga Vinyāsa (‘Sequence of Yoga Practices’) that defined the Tantric tradition (ca. 500-1400 A.D.).
Until now, our understanding of Chakras derives largely from a relatively recent translation of a 16th century ‘Hatha Yoga’ manual based on Tantras written centuries earlier. Unfortunately, it does not contain the core Vinyāsa of Yoga practices that informs its own chakra system, the sole function of which was to serve as an internal guide for this missing practice. As a result, the chakra system known to us today is effectively useless without it.
- A history of the 1,200-year evolution of the various Chakra Systems
- Solstices, Equinoxes, and Seasons: the subtle body microcosm in Tantric Yoga.
- The forgotten role of Chakras in the Tantric Yoga
- Ucchāra (‘Sonic Ascent’ of Kundalinī): the Core Practice of Tantric Yoga as revealed in Shiva Rea’s new book, ‘Tending the Heart Fire’
- The Pivotal Role of Kundalinī in Tantric Yoga: Cultivating the Fire of Liberation
- Anāhata: The Forgotten meaning of ‘Unstruck’ sound in the Heart Chakra
- Bīja (‘Seed’) Mantras and their critical role in Tantric Yoga (they are not ‘lam, vam, ram, yam, and ham’)
Embodying Chakra Mantra Vinyasa – Inner Arts Meditation with Shiva Rea